Monday, July 9, 2012

I'm Back!!!

Okay I know it has been a long time since the last time I blogged and a few things have changed here. I am now helping at the shop 4-5 days a week instead of when I started this blog I was a stay at home mommy!! So it is harder for me to find the time to sit and write a blog post. But I will try and do it at night when the kiddo goes to bed!! And the other big thing is I have started weight watchers so I am trying to cook and eat better for me and my family. So the recipes on my blog will now be healthier then they were before. ( But I love to bake so I will still have a few unhealthy items to post!! ) So tonight I made chicken tacos for dinner.....they were so yummy and just by substituting the beef I normally use with just chopped up chicken breasts it was healthier and I didnt lose the flavor. My chicken taco recipe is as follows:

3 boneless skinless chicken breasts (diced)
1 onion (cut up)
1 can corn ( I actually had a few left over cobs of corn and cut the kernels off of the cob)
1 packet taco seasoning
lettuce
tomato
salsa
sour cream
shredded cheese
tortillas

I took the onions and corn and sauteed them in a little bit of oil. ( I had a few mushrooms that needed cooked and I added them also) I added a little seasoning to the veggies and cooked till sauteed. Then I took the veggies and put them on a plate and set them aside. Then I took the chicken and cooked them in a tiny bit of oil until almost cooked through and then I add the seasoning packet and the veggies to the chicken. I finish cooking it till the chicken is fully cooked. Then it is ready to serve. I made mine with all the veggies that I could fit without making my taco shell explode!!! LOL It turned out super yummy and it was a healthier alternative to fatty beef tacos. I know this is a recipe thatmany people make but I thought I would share how I make mine!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment