Monday, April 23, 2012

Alrighty I have been super busy this last week trying to figure out what I was going to be doing this summer. (as far as work and childcare goes) I also have not been feeling well so I haven't really felt like cooking. That is how you know I am sick because I love to cook. So a few tips that help me get through a hectic week are I always try to make more of something and then freeze it if at all possible such as this morning I wanted french toast for breakfast and since I had a loaf of bread and eggs that needed used up I decided to make what was left of the loaf and freeze the leftovers. So I made 13 pieces of french toast and seperated them into 2 bags of four  and threw them in the freezer and then we ate the rest for breakfast. I also was the host of sewing group this month and it happened to fall on this last weekend. So I went to my 2 favorite go to party snacks and that is my egg roll wontons ( basically these are the filling from egg rolls wrapped in wonton shells and baked.) I will post the recipe tomorrow if possible. But I think I may have already posted it before but I will do it again as a refresher. I also made buffalo chicken dip. It is so yummy I could eat it as a meal!! :) The recipe for the dip is so simple. The way I make it is as follows:

Buffalo Chicken Dip

1 8 oz package cream cheese (softened)
1 can chicken (drained)
hot wing sauce ( to taste)
shredded cheddar cheese

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a cake pan spread the cream cheese on the bottom. Then in a small bowl mix the chicken with the hot wing sauce. I use just enough sauce to coat the chicken. Then add the chicken mixture on top of the cream cheese. Sprinkle the cheese on top and cook for 15 to 20 mins. or until the cheese is melted.

I also made turtle brownies but because I was in a hurry I made boxed brownies and I was not happy with the way they turned out but I guess that is because I know how the homemade ones taste.
Well I need to head to bed because I have to work at the shop the rest of this week so I should try to get some rest so I am not grouchy when I am answering phones!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment