Friday, March 23, 2012

Spring Break

This week has been a super busy week since my daughter has been home because she is off for spring break and she has had softball camp every morning!! :) Also with this beautiful weather we have been doing lots of outside time!! Which means dinner is not always planned out really well. So my goal is going to start trying more freezer meals and also making a menu for each week because I want to be able to be more prepared and organized at dinner time. This week the one new recipe that I made was a veggie side dish!!! It was as follows:


4 or 5 red potatoes sliced super thin
1/4 to 1/2 a head of cabbage thinly sliced
1 large onion thinly sliced
1 can of corn
4 pieces bacon crumbled
about 1/2 cup cheese
salt and pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Then I sliced all of the vegetables super thin with my mandolin slicer. ( This is something I recently purchased and I absolutely love and don't know how I did anything before I owned it. LOL ) And I layered them in a 13x9 pan. I layered them onion,potatoes and then cabbage. I then added the can of corn juice and all on top of all of the layers. I then added the cheese on top of that and then crumbled the bacon on the top. Bake in the oven for 20 to 30 minutes of until the potatoes are cooked through.


It was one of the recipes where I had potatoes and cabbage that needed to be used asap so I decided to throw a few things in and see what happened and it turned out to be super yummy!! :) Have a great weekend!! I hopefully can do some more cooking and enjoy spending time with my family!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment