Wednesday, February 1, 2012

My FIRST recipe blog!!

Ok so here is my first recipe blog!! The recipes I will be sharing tonight is honey chicken and poor man's lomein!! Both of these recipes are ones that I came up with and like to make but the problem is I have never measured the ingredients when I make them.




This is a picture of the finished product!!

What you need for the honey chicken is:

  • Breaded chicken bites
  • 1/2 cup ketchup
  • 2/3 cup honey
  • 2 Tsp brown sugar
  • 2 Tbsp soy sauce

First take the chicken out and place on a cookie sheet and cook for half of the time recommended on the package. While the chicken is cooking mix the ketchup,honey,brown sugar and soy sauce in a medium sauce pan and heat.





 When the chicken is cooked half way take it out of the oven and place it in the saucepan. Mix until they are completely coated and add it back onto the cookie sheet. Finish cooking the rest of the time recommended.




Now onto the poor man's lomein!!

You need the following ingredients:

  1. 2 pkgs. Ramen noodles (chicken)
  2. 2 Tbsp butter/margarine
  3. 1/2 head of small cabbage ( I have also used a half of bag of coleslaw mix)
  4. 4 green onions
  5. couple dashes of soy sauce
  6. salt and pepper to taste 
 First fill a saucepan with water and allow to boil for the Ramen noodles and cook just the noodles without the seasoning. Drain and sit to the side. While waiting for the water to boil you can start chopping the cabbage and green onions into small pieces. Then add the butter to the saucepan and add the cabbage and onions and saute.





 Towards the end of cooking add the seasoning packets from the ramen noodles and a couple of dashes of soy sauce. When the vegetables are cooked through add the ramen noodles and mix!!!




 This is what it looks like in the end!! You can use any vegetable that you would like!! I have also used mushrooms, carrots, red onion and you can add a meat I usually use sausage. I also have used the veggie mixture for egg roll filling but I didnt have any egg roll wrappers tonight!!

4 comments:

  1. Looks yummy! Good job, think I'm gonna start coming to your house for dinner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We always have leftovers!! But lately I have been sending the leftovers to the shop for the guys to eat so they may not want to share!! LOL :)

      Delete
  2. Yum! We might have to try this one! Food is my enemy though! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Food is also my enemy but I love to cook and that in return means I love to eat!! But I have been cutting back on my portions, So I can still eat what I want but within moderation!! :)

      Delete