Sunday, February 19, 2012

Tonights dinner turned out to be so yummy!!! We had sirloin steaks on the grill, Italian tortellini's, and corn. The recipe that I am going to share with you tonight is for my Italian tortellini's. It is a recipe that I just decided to try one night and it turned out to be super yummy so we make it and change a few things here and there to go with our meal. The way I made it tonight was as follows:

1 bag cheese tortelini's ( we use Mona's because my grandma works for the company that makes them)
1/2 bottle of italian dressing (tonight I used kraft zesty italian)
4 tbsp parmesan cheese
1/2 cup shredded cheese ( I used colby/ monterey jack tonight) ( another favorite is mozzarella!)
handful of bacon bits

Directions:
Make the tortellini's according to the package directions.
Drain them and put them back into the pan and allow them to cool for about 10 to 15 mins. When cool add all the remaining ingredients and it is done and ready to serve.

Some variations for this recipe that I have used is adding red onion ( uncooked), black olives and tomatoes. Another way I have made it is with pepperoni's instead of bacon and cubed mozzarella instead of shredded cheese. Also you can use these ingredients and use any other type of pasta instead of tortellini's. I have used rotini, macaroni noodles and even bowtie pasta. So you can have a little fun with it and add whatever ingredients you have at the time and change it to go with many different meals. When I make it with pasta instead of tortellini's I have taken it for many cookouts and even when we go camping!! Enjoy and feel free to share what you used when you make this recipe!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment