Wednesday, February 22, 2012

So I found a recipe that I wanted to try but of course I didn't have a of the ingredients and taking two 2 year olds and a 6 year old shopping was not an option. So I decided to just use what I had that could be substituted. And suprisingly it turned out delicious. It was so good that my picky daughter ate 2 helpings!! :) The original recipe can be found at  http://www.kalynskitchen.com/2005/11/cooking-with-kids-recipesophie-makes.html.


The way that I made it as follows:
  1.  3 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into 3rds
  2. 1 can cream of mushroom
  3. 1 cup light sour cream
  4. 1/2 cup light miracle whip
  5. 1 cup plus 1/2 cup colby monterey cheese
  6. 1 Tbsp onion powder
  7. 1 Tbsp lemon juice
  8. 1 Tbsp season salt
  9. Salt and pepper to taste
I followed the same directions that were in the original recipe which are:

     Preheat oven to 350F/175 C. Trim all visible fat and tendons from chicken breasts, then cut each piece in thirds diagonally.

Spray 9 X 13 inch glass casserole dish with nonstick spray and arrange chicken pieces in a single layer. Combine all other ingredients except the 1/2 cup cheese and pour over chicken. Bake 45 minutes, stirring slightly halfway through cooking time.

Top with 1/2 cup reserved cheese and bake 15-20 minutes more, until cheese is melted and top is slightly browned.

Sorry I don't have pictures my camera battery is dead and I am waiting for it to charge!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment